Hey there! School starts here in just a few weeks so I’m going to busy but not sure If I’m going to post sporadically for the next few months. I’m still up to this blogging thing and it makes me happy so no worries at all. Anyways, there are changes to the blog starting this week. I just hope my “Procrastinator” side will be gone by then. Don’t worry, I’m seeking medical help. (I’m jesting).
• Album of the week will be gone and will be replaced by recommended albums posted on the sidebar. This will feature weekly picks from me with ratings but no reviews unless I find the album worthy of writing up one. Single of the Week is still on and will be featuring a review at the end or start or the middle of the week.
• Weekly top 10 will be back. I promise. It’ll feature the top 10 songs that’s keeping me busy listening to for the past week. It’ll also feature some downloads but not for illegal purposes. The tracks that will be posted with download links are for promotional purposes only so don’t worry. I’ll keep it as legal as possible. LOL.
• I’m working on a new layout for the blog. So if there’s anyone who would like to submit a layout for the blog, just keep in touch and I’ll be considerate in your submissions. Thanks. Email me at: thebeatreview (at) gmail (dot) com. Thanks.
• A new banner will also be rising accompanied with the blog’s layout. I’m working on it right now and I’ll make it as simple as possible.
Here’s what’s up this week:
• Suddenly, I’m getting a little bit nostalgic about the Saturdays since I’ve seen them appear on local TV for the first time. I’m actually listening to their album over and over and I’m quite ecstatic about the idea of them visiting over here in the Philippines (since Vanessa is half-Filipina which makes me giggle while thinking the thought of it, weird isn’t it?).
• Single Reviews round-up will be back this week which will feature reviews from Alesha’s new single, Dizzee’s electro-hip hop failure and Australian babes, The Veronicas.
• I’m thinking of ideas of a special (which I think will be great since I’ll post sporadically [well, I’m thinking] for the next few months). Any suggestions?
• I’m definitely hooked on VV Brown, I think she’s amazing. “Crying Blood”, “Leave!” and the new single, “Shark In The Water” are all fabulous. Maybe you’ll be seeing more of her music here starting June since her album will be out by then. Watch out for a review of “Shark in The Water” soon. (Release: June 6, 2009)
• And who’s not excited for Little Boots’ debut album? I’ll be waiting for my copy to arrive and I hope it’ll be soon enough.