Well, Mariah’s new single “Obsessed” has been blogged in copious amounts over the past few weeks or maybe months. But recently, she had it land on #11 in the Billboard HOT 100 this week. I’m not impressed with its position nor do I care about it. I’m a little bit concerned about how this song affects many of the people I know.
- Mariah has been constantly producing flops over her year in the spotlight. “Bye Bye”, “I’ll Be Loving U Long Time” and “I’ll Stay In Love” are proof of that.
- She’s almost forty and she’s acting like she’s 17. We get it MC, your body is curvaceous and all that, but honey stop showing off your body to the people who don’t want to see it.
- Her element has been very confusing for the past few releases. I don’t know if she’s trying to be a bikini model, or plastic surgery advocate or what. The music doesn’t really coincide or somehow rhyme with her pesky image.
- Her new track “Obsessed” is very catchy but could they do anything more with her vocals? Even vocoders are now proving to be of use for her? I’m seriously appalled by this.
- Yeah, the song is quite a craze and it kind of sips into your system after a couple of spins but the song isn’t anything special at all. Sounds like a mash-up of “Touch My Body” inflicted with some horrifying and diminishing lyrics packed into a 3-minute compilation of all Mariah badness.
- The music video, isn’t anything better than the song. Pretending to be as crazy as Eminem won’t work for Mimi and does to anybody else.
- Well, the fact that I had time to rant for this is just a waste of time. I’m stopping now. LOL.