Okay, I don’t know if the ‘Weekly Updates
‘ section should be back to being a regular, but I have a feeling it might because there are so many new releases up soon. It’s almost October and I’m happy about the new releases that are hitting the mainstream almost everyday (at least some of them).
- As you all know, The Sugababes’ ‘oldest’ member, Keisha departed the group. But this isn’t the issue now. The thing is, can Jade Ewen step up and be the bitch we’re all wanting her to be?
- The sole ‘Girls Aloud‘ star to go solo this year, Cheryl Cole has released information about her debut album as a solo artist titled “Three Words”. The promo pics are bad ass although I’m still not sure whether she’d be good or not for all of the ‘going solo’ thingy. You can view more information about the album here.
- Kris Allen – whew. The latest American Idol ‘flop’. I don’t know why he’s doing a ridiculous cover and sounding just like the original? His cover of The Script‘s B-side, “Live Like You’re Dying” is tad awful. I get that Kris Allen has a nice voice, but let’s face it. His voice doesn’t really make a difference. Right Adam Lambert fans?
- The Backstreet Boys are back. We get it. ‘Straight Through My Heart‘ is just getting recognition which in turn I already have left behind. And guess what, even AARON CARTER is back! No! That’s a big NO NO. He’s got a new track which features Flo Rida titled “Dance With Me“. It’s not that awful but not what I expected for a comeback. It sounds something RedOne would do. His voice kind of reminds me of Mitchell Musso’s. Weird. Listen to the song HERE.
- ‘New Moon‘ soundtrack listing is out. I like that it features so many good songs from different artists. Expected good ones are from The Killers, Death Cab For Cutie, Lykke Li and Muse. For more information about the release click HERE.
- UK Midweeks: Well, Taio Cruz is on course for a second week at #1 with ‘Break Your Heart’ while Madonna rules the albums chart with her latest album ‘Greatest Hits: Celebration’. Let’s see what’s intersting in the coming days.
- David Gray‘s album, ‘Draw The Line‘. I’ve been a fan of ‘Fugitive’ and I’m quite happy with the album. The Beat Review gives it a rating of 7/10. Still in the process of either writing a review or not.
- Aparrently Alesha Dixon has a new single, “To Love Again” and it’s penned by Take That star, Gary Barlow. The song’s good, but let’s see if it grows on me or NOT. Check out the single on her website.
- Well, that’s it for now. More music updates in the following weeks.